Friday 22 November 2013

Still Waiting

Hi all,
I am very frustrated at the moment. We bought a new bungalow (well second-hand actually) almost three months ago, but we are still waiting for a moving date. There are only four of us in the chain and we are moving to an empty house, so how hard can it be? What do estate agents do once they've done the valuation and printed a brochure? On top of that, those involved in the conveyancing seem to be more elusive than the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Ah well, I will just have to be patient and chill out. One good thing has come out of the long wait in so much as I have sold a few bits and pieces I no longer need. Everything I have put on eBay, sold quite nicely with the exception of last week's listing.

We have a large wooden plaque upon which has been carved a shire horse. It was purchased by my mother-in-law from a wood carver in Yorkshire sometime in the late sixties or early seventies.
Anyway, I thought there would be a stampede by those involved with horses to get there reins on this beautiful bit of unique craftsmanship. I thought it would look great in the hall way of some half-timbered manor house, or hanging on the wall in the reception area of a stables or a stud farm.

Alas I was wrong, because despite it having a lucky horseshoe on each leg, nobody gave it a second glance during its first listing. So in an effort to find a nice place for it, I have ploughed on and dropped the starting price substantially. Somebody is going to get a bargain, so if you know anybody who is a bit on the horsey side please let them have this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment