Saturday 17 August 2019

Birthday Card

Hi all,
It was my wife's birthday last week so I painted her a birthday card. I didn't paint it to save money, I did it just because I knew she would appreciate somebody making an effort. And let's face it, buying a decent birthday card these days isn't easy. I sometimes wonder what sort of person decides what makes a good card, certainly a lot of the ones I see on the shelves range between being thoughtless and damn right offencive.

Anyway, my wife has a taste for cards that lean a bit towards naive art, so that is what I did. It is based around some lovely partridges that used to visit our garden. There was about eight of them to start with and I took some photos of them. However, during the next few month their number began to reduce. Slowly but surely over a period of about 9 months, one at a time, they finally disappeared all  together.

We live on an housing estate so they could have been killed by cats or perhaps run over, but I like to think that they decided that the woods were a better place to be and that is where they are now.

My wife loved to watch those partridges so I thought she'd like this card.
Thankfully she did like it and she was so pleased it is now hanging on our wall in a frame.
If you would like to see how I painted it here is a link to the short video I made showing how it was done.
If you like it, please consider subscribing and you can see how I progress now that I have changed to digital art. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment