Wednesday 2 July 2014

The Reluctant Pom

Hi all,
Just thought I'd give you an update on my latest book, The Reluctant Pom. I started writing it last year and almost finished it around Christmas time but then we moved house and it has been on the back burner ever since. Anyway, the balance of power between much needed renovation work and writing is shifting towards doing a few hours on my book ever week.

During the last week I have finished the actual writing process and have begun the tedious proofreading process. Once I've been through it a few times, to get it into a what I think is a perfect copy, I will let my wife loose on it and she can find her usual thousand errors that I missed.

Because this book deals with my enforced trip to Van Demon's land I think it would be nice to add a few photos of interest. The picture below is one of me standing outside our house in West Footscray, I was 16 at the time and can't believe how thin I look.


This will be a first for me because up until now my books have been text only. That is with the exception of my first fishing book, which included a few line drawings.

No doubt choosing a few photos will be a fun process and will bring back lots of pleasant memories. Target for publication is the end of August so I'm going to be pretty busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment