Tuesday 27 December 2016

Yew

Hi all,
Hope you had a cracking Christmas. Mine was quiet and peaceful and, as usual, it shot by like a rat up a drain pipe. Every year s the same, I imagine that I'm going to have loads of free time for doing a bit of woodworking and some drawing but it never happens. Somehow the time just seems to get frittered away.

Before Christmas I managed few bits of wood turning that I did for presents, including 9 pens and the items below.
This was a small wood lidded box that I turned as an extra for my granddaughter.
This was a spinning top and base made for my grandson.
 For my wife I made a few things including thees pieces of fruit.
And a pen turned from a piece of yew.
They are all very nice and I really enjoyed turning them but I didn't have any time left over for drawing and painting. Ha well shouldn't moan, it's great to be creative no matter what the medium and I'm looking forward to 2017.




No comments:

Post a Comment