Saturday 23 February 2019

Iris Painting

Hi all,
Time is flying this February, it only seems like a couple of weeks ago that I was carving the turkey and now its nearly March. At least the weather is nice, I can't remember a better end to winter.

On the painting front, I am still learning my way with the digital art on the ipad. I can't see me ever going back to any sort of traditional art and to that end today I sold all my airbrush kit. The thing is I didn't use it that much because I didn't have enough space to leave it set up. Therefore, there was never enough time to get it all out and when I'd finished I'd have to clean the brushes out etc. When you add to that the fact that you had to wear a protective mask when airbrushing, the whole thing became too much of a faff.

Anyway, it has gone now and I'll stick to the ipad. Here is the latest digital paint that I have done of a couple of irises. I enjoyed doing it and I think it looks pretty good.
If you would like to see how I did this digital painting please go to my youtube channel The Armchair Artist

The programme I use is called Procreate and it can be downloaded for just £9.99 from the app store.
If you like the video please consider subscribing and you will get notification when I upload a new video. I aim to do one every 7 or 8 days and you will be able to see how I get on with this new technology.  If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment