Friday 27 November 2015

Drawing

Hi all,
I since I started this watercolour challenge I have realised that I am torn between drawing and painting. I seem to enjoy the form and line of the drawing process, but when I have completed an image, in either pencil or ink, I find that I want to add some colour to it.

Anyway, I've done another drawing of some spring flowers that I rendered in pencil.
The pencils I used were Derwent water soluble pencils. If you haven't had a go with these pencils I would recommend giving them a whirl. They come in various wash strengths so that you can vary the shading. Using them couldn't be simpler, just do a bit of shading and then blend the mark with a damp brush. This way you can blend your pencil marks across your image without those annoying lines that a dry pencil leaves.

When using them it is worth keeping in the back of your mind that once the pencil marks have ween wetted you will not be able to erase them, so make sure you like it before you set about your image with a damp brush.

I have another painting coming soon, but in the meanwhile can I just remind you that my book
is still free for the rest of the day (27th November) on Amazon. Why not grab a copy while you can? Click on my books tab at the top of the page and you will find a direct link.

No comments:

Post a Comment