Thursday 28 January 2016

Hares

Hi all,
I know that I should have knocked another painting out by now, but I've been having fun with the pen and ink. For a while now I've had this vision in my head that showed two hares relaxing in some long grass, so I decided to get it down on paper before it drove me mad.

Of course, the actual drawing didn't come out anything like the image that was floating around my brain because they never do, well not for me at any rate. Having said that, I'm quite pleased with the results and I'm now contemplating whether or not to give it a bit of a wash with some watercolour. My wife thinks this would be a good idea but I'm not so sure.

Anyway, here is the drawing.

I would love to know what you think of it.

By the way, I'm still working my way through Mark Crilley's realism challenge. The books is well worth getting if you want to improve your drawing skills. If you would like to see one of Mark's videos, please click here. I'm sure that watching him will get your creative juices going.

No comments:

Post a Comment