Sunday 6 November 2016

Hare

Hi all,
And the good news is, I've started drawing again and here is my first effort. Actually, I began this drawing of a hare about seven months ago, but spring came in earnest and the garden needed sorting etc. Then I went and bought a lathe and what spare time I had in the summer went on woodturning.
We've all got our excuses for not working on our art, but I thing the colder weather and the darker evenings will help, especially now that television programs have become so dire.

I haven't given up on the wood turning, but being in the house drawing is much preferred now that the colder weather is here. I've done a bit of woodturning in the workshop with the electric fire on, but it doesn't seem the same when you know how much the electricity is costing. We are on a pay as you go meter, inherited from the previous home owners. I's great in the summer but when winter arrives I seem to be in the newsagents every other day topping up.

Anyway, here is the drawing of the hare, it is nothing exciting but it will do for a starter.

You can see in the picture that everything is realistic except for the hare, which is patterned. This is something I've decided to do more of, I'm going to forget trying to make my drawings realistic and just let my imagination flow. This will take some doing because abstract art has never been a favourite of mine. So if you want to see how I get on with a wacky drawing please watch this space.

By the way, with regards to my books, I keep getting asked the same questions, what's happened to Fred Tench and will there be another book in the Fishing Detectives Series? To be honest, I have no plans for another book at the moment although the outlines of a plot to enter my head from time to time. I guess I will have to see how it goes during the next 6 months, if I can't resist the urge I might do one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment