Tuesday 1 November 2016

More Pens

Hi all,
I have been busy turning a few more pens and have added them to the "Pens" page if you would like to see them. The last one is made from a wood called mopane and it is a beauty. Here it is for a taster, but please take a look at my other pens.


So, the clocks have just gone back and the dark evenings are with us again. Not only has it got darker, but my workshop is now almost as cold as a polar bear's fridge,and because I' getting a bit nesh in my old age, I won't be out there so much.

I have already started to work on a drawing and will let you see it in my next post. Another strange think also happened a few days ago. I thought that now I'm getting older that perhaps I should take up electronic drawing on a tablet. It had it's attractions, I wouldn't have to buy any more artists materials and I could do it whilst  reclining in my armchair.

Anyway, I like my kindle and thought that if I upgraded to a 10inch model it would be just the thing for a bit of electronic art. This notion was soon knocked on the head when I realised that some of the most artistic apps and the artistic stylus were strangers to the kindle.

So I would have to forgo my Kindle upgrade and buy an ipad and an apple pencil if I wanted to make professional electronic art. I have watched a few youtube videos and it is amazing what can be done on an ipad. I was happy, it seemed like a great idea to spend a few extra bob and get an ipad and an apple pencil.

However, my dreams didn't last long after I did a bit more research. From what I can gather, the apple pencil will only work with the ipad pro and that version of the ipad costs some serious money. I'm an old skinflint and don't do serious money and after realising how much paint and paper I could get for the price of going electronic I have knocked the idea on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment