Sunday 10 March 2019

Clematis and redbubble

Hi all.
I've finished the clematis image and very pleased with it I am too.
No you may be looking at this image and be thinking that it isn't very realistic and you be partly right. The thing is, it wasn't meant to be realistic, it was meant to be a pleasing to the eye and, just as importantly, to be able to be used as a design.

It isn't for hanging on a wall like you would expect, but to be used as a design on various products via print on demand. I have come across this company on line called Redbubble and they take independent artist images and print them onto products like, tee shirts, mugs, phone cases and cushions etc.

All I have to do is upload my images and they do the rest. I can even set the percentage of markup that I want from each sale. They take care of the shipping etc, so no trips to the post office like you would with a normal on line shop.

It sound almost to good to be true. The only downside is that it is very popular with artists and other people who are just trying to make money, so the competition is intense. I am lucky that it is only a hobby for me and it gives me an outlet for my work which would otherwise just go into a folder or languish on my hard drive.  Seeing one's artwork printed on so many products gives me quite a buzz and even if I make no sales I can still buy products with my own designs to give as gifts, how cool is that.

Anyway, I haven't got much in my shop yet but if you want to see what it's all about please click on the shop link on the right hand side of the page. I called the shop The Armchair Artist to keep it in line with my youtube channel of the same name.

I have uploaded a video of me painting the above image and you can access that by clicking on this
link.
I am trying to make each video more informative and I hope you you enjoy watching it. If you do please consider subscribing and you can follow me on the rest of my journey.

In my next video I hope to show how I paint each leaf in details, the process and the brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment