Wednesday 27 March 2019

Leaves

Hi all,
Just a quick one to let you knopw that I have finished another digital painting of some tulips in a vase. I got the flowers for my wife after she'd had a stay in hospital and she like them so much I thought I paint them for her to remember them by, not least because I don't buy flowers very often.

Anyway here is the painting.
Considering this is the first time I've painted a bunch of flowers in a vase I'm very pleased with it. The leaves may look a bit thick and rubbery and the colour of them isn't quite blue enough but on the whole I think it is a tidy painting. One thing is for sure, it wouldn't have turned out so well if I done it with traditional media.

The more paintings I do on the ipad the more convinced I am that I will never use traditional painting methods again. When I thing about the rigmarole I used to go through to do a water colour painting makes me shudder.
Choose a type of paper cotton or not, rough, hot pressed, what or not. Then soak it in water for a while before sticking it onto a board with gummed tape. When it was dry I would have to then find a suitable place to actually do the painting, usually a table that is used by the family for other things, like eating. So when I'd done a bit of painting I'd have to pack all the stuff away again so that the table could be used for its main purpose.

Of course the net result of all this is that I couldn't be bothered because it was too much trouble. Digital painting is simper any easier. I can stay in my armchair, pick up my ipad and be painting within a minute. The result of this is that I do it more often and my art already improving. If you are considering going digital, don't dither anymore just do it and you'll nerver look back.

Having said that, I've just uploaded a new video to my channel on youtube, It is a short video showing how I paint leaves digitally. If you've ever tried painting leaves in water colour you will appreciate how simple it is to do it digitally.
Please Take a look and subscribe if you would like to see more. Thanks for watching

No comments:

Post a Comment