Sunday 19 May 2019

Polyanthus

Hi all,
At the bottom of our garden we have a couple of polyanthus plants. The flowers are like those of a primrose, but many flower heads are formed on a single stem.

Anyway, I took a photo of one of them because I though it would make a nice painting.
I decided to make the painting simpler by ignoring the background and making it black. This would not only save me some work but it would make the colour of the flowers pop out.

Here is the finished painting which I did on my ipad using an app called Procreate.

I think it turned out pretty well and I did a short video of it which I have uploaded to  my channel, The Armchair Artist. If you would like to watch how the painting was created, here is a link.
If you enjoy the video please subscribe, it cost nothing and if you don't click the bell icon you won't be bothered with notifications. I am trying to do a video evey week so that you can see how I progress and give you an insight into didgital painting. Taking up digital paining is expensive unless you already have a ipad, where if that is the case, I'd download Procreate in a heartbeat and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment