Thursday 19 January 2017

Shop is Open

Hi all,
Just a quick one to let you know that I have reopened a shop on Folksy in order to sell some of my pens. They will mostly be the ones with pyrography on because nobody else seems to do that. I have called the shop Sam's Pens because that is what my wife calls me, or should I say that's one of the things she calls me.

I have done another couple of pens this week, so that I would have a few in stock.
This is the first one and features some bull rushes, or reedmace which is actually their proper name. A bull rush is a different plant altogether, but because most people call the reedmace a bull rush the name as stuck.

The pen is a twist action pen with gold plating.

The second pen I did this week is one of my favourites.
It has a leaf design and to be honest, the photo doesn't really do it any justice. I think these pens make great gifts and are supplied in a faux velvet pouch. I gave away nine pens for Christmas presents this year and they were all received very well.

From an art perspective, doing pens is keeping me busy trying to come up with new designs. Finding something that can be sensibly drawn on the small surface area of a pen, which can than be burnt in with a pyrography iron is a bit of a challenge. However, it is that sort of challenge that makes the whole thing worth while, once something becomes easy, it usually becomes boring.

I'd love to hear your comments about my pens or my new shop for which I made my own banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment