Tuesday 10 January 2017

Pyrography Pen

Hi all, I've just finished turning a new pen which I am quite pleased with. It was turned from a piece of maple and I added some pyrography to it. I think it gives it a unique look. One thing is for sure there isn't another one like it anywhere in the world.
It isn't perfect by any means because I had to redo the finish and when I was sanding it back I lost a bit of sharpness on the pyrography. However, this project proved what can be done on a pen with a pyrography iron.

I am now left with a dilemma. I like turning pens but I can see that pretty quickly I'm going to get overrun with them. This leaves me with only 2 choices.
Choice one is very simple, stop making pens. Choice two, tells me that I should reopen my shop on Folksy and sell some on there.

What do you think? Your comments are welcome. To see my other pens please click on the pen's tab at the top of the page.

While I'm here I like to let you know that I have another free book promotion from the 11th to the 13th of January. The books is the first one in "The Fishing Detectives" series "Carp Rustlers" and it can be downloaded free of charge from Amazon. To get you free copy, just click on the books tab at the top of the page and then on the book's cover. I hope you enjoy it


No comments:

Post a Comment