Thursday 31 December 2015

Dog Rose

Hi all,
Hope you had a good Christmas; mine was quite and uneventful. It came and went with rapidity and stealth. Still there's always the next one to look forward to.

I did get a couple of arty books which I have enjoyed looking at. The first was a book of Lakeland sketches by Alfred Wainwright. I guess that when most people think of Wainwright they think of his walks, but I' a great admirer of his sketches. They are done in pen and ink and show that he was a master in that form of art.

The second book was Mark Crilley's, Realism Challenge. This too is a great book and I'm steadily plodding my way through the exercises. I will show you one or two on here as soon as I manage something half decent. If you like a challenge and want to improve your drawing here is the link.

It has been a busy time over Chistmas so I haven't done any big paintings but I've got one on the way.
I've been watching a man on You tube painting roses with watercolour and I'd love to be able to do it half as well. I'll give you the link in my next post.

So far I'd done the drawing, which can be seen below.
I will start doing the painting soon and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. I Hope you have a great new year and let's hope it's peaceful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment